Anyway, this is Galen Clavio, EIC and publisher of IUSportCom. As you’ve probably noticed, we’ve got a new look going here on the site. You should find things a lot easier to navigate now, and the process of locating your favorite authors, topics, and stories should be much smoother.
For those of you who have been loyal followers of IUSportCom since the beginning, we thank you for your continued support and hope that the new site makes your enjoyment of our work that much greater.
So what’s new? Here are some of the improvements:
- Increased social media integration. You now can “like” one of our stories on Facebook directly from the site. Same thing with Twitter, Digg, and StumbleUpon. You also can see which stories are getting the most feedback, by looking at the counters in the upper right side of each post.
- Improved integration with iTunes. Our podcasts now appear directly in iTunes. Just go to the Podcasts section of iStore and search for “IUSportCom”.
- Wider YouTube embed fields. You’ll now see YouTube-embedded video in a much wider format than on the previous site.
- Better archiving and categorization. One of the big requests we had was for easier access to previous articles. You can now search by any sport’s category, either through the “category” section of each post, or through the drop-down menu on the sidebar.
- For those of you looking for the old site, it’s still there! Here is the URL to the site, where all of our previous stories still exist.
If you have any comments or suggestions, please include them in the comment section below. Thanks again for everything, and happy 2011.